SUPERIOR SERVICE FROM THE GROUND UP
GET BETTER RESULTS BY CALLING US TODAY!
Sod Grow In
Triple J would like to extend our appreciation for allowing us to fulfill your grassing needs. We take pride in installing quality grass in a timely and efficient manner. In an effort to help ensure the quality of your grass, we are extending the following recommendations for the proper establishment of your new turf grass.
- Deep irrigation to a 4 to 6 inch sold depth immediately after installation is crucial for survival of the sod.
- Over the next 10-14 days, lightly water several times a day to ensure proper soil moisture. With Zoysia and Bermuda varieties, monitor for any signs of fungus activity.
- Depending on weather conditions, reduce watering frequency once sod roots are established and cannot be easily pulled up.
- Fertilize with a completely balanced fertilizer after 14 days. Note: DO NOT use a Weed & Feed product at this time.
- If Zoysia or Bermuda variety, treat with a broad-spectrum insecticide.
- Monitor for pests or contact a qualified Lawn and Ornamental Pest Control Company to help you with the best program for your turf. Triple J Grassing recommends Estate Landscaping & Lawn Management.
- Pull-on the sod to see if roots are establishing over the first 1 to 3 weeks. After the sod is firmly rooted, mow to the appropriate height.
2.5 to 4 inches
- After the sod is established, follow a regular maintenance program of fertilizer, watering, and mowing program. The Florida Friendly Landscaping program can be found at https://ffl.ifas.ufl.edu/homeowner.htm